What is Redbasin.Org?
The purpose of Redbasin.Org is to spread knowledge in the community.
- Redbasin Competitive Education Foundation has sponsored a comprehensive education program that coaches Middle and High School students in competitive Math areas such as AMC8/10/12, Math Olympiad, Math Counts and other Math programs, and in AP Computer Science areas. Redbasin.Org has also trained children in underprivileged schools.
- Redbasin Community provides Java based open source collaboration and education software and services to schools and businesses in the area of technology and life science. This includes a scalable open document sharing system on your own cloud, with built-in security, access control, LDAP support and encryption.
- Music Community volunteer effort project Sangeet Dhwani which means Sound of Music.
In a Nutshell, Redbasin.Org is:
- an open source community platform.
- an education initiative
- a document knowledge sharing system
Testimonials from students who have benefited from this program:
- "I like that the class gives a lot of information about Java" - Pramukh
- "I like how the topics are separated into chapters" - Kelly
- "I like the information that is being taught in this class. I also like how the teacher presents the information. I would recommend this class to a friend because I feel everyone deserves to know this information. Also, the teacher is great" - Andrew
- "I like that you are teaching Java. You are a kind teacher" - Emily"
- "What I loved about this class was the way the material was taught, the examples and getting to do the examples yourself. I feel that anybody can teach this material, but no one can teach the way the teacher taught it. I would recommend this to my friends so they can have this awesome chance to learn Java principles" - Karan
- "I got a lot of examples and practice to help understand concepts thoroughly" - Divya
- "This class is very fun and interesting. Mr. Joshi knows the right amount of fun and studying done in class, and every class had me laughing" - Helen
- "I took this class because I was interested in computer science but didn't know anything about it. I emerged with a 5 on the AP exam (well, hopefully). I probably would not recommend this class to my friends because I don't want them to get the same edge that I have gotten from this class" - Jenny
- "This class has been a great way to spend my two hours. I learned enough to make parts of my brain. This will surely help me when I take the APCS exam. I will recommend to my friends."
- "Mr. Joshi is a very organized and passionate instructor. During his class, I received a lot of practice work that helped me understand the subject of Comp. Sci. better. I would definitely recommend this class to a friend!" - Nikhila
- "Other than that, this class was helpful and helped me understand certain comp. sci. topics such as for loops as our comp. sci teacher in the school doesn't teach very well" - Aviral
- "Yes, I would recommend it to a friend. Not only is there teaching, but there is fun. I learned a lot in this class with knowing a little in the beginning" - Aneesh
- "This class was amazing. This class was a great addition to my AP CS class at school. This class has a loving atmosphere" - Vignesh
- "Excelling in an AP class already is hard as it is cool. But excelling in one that takes place every Sunday for two hours and being provided that college lecture experience within a farily large living roon, and not being coerced to work for grades, and a bunch of other difficulties exceeds excelling in a traditional AP class. Excel. "
- "I would recommend this" - Suhas
- "I like this computer science class a lot. This class teaches the concepts and basic of Java. Then we have the labs that apply these concepts on real code. This class has been very helpful, especially the tests at the end. These tests have showed me the difficulty levels of the AP CS test. I would strongly recommend this class to a friend because it teaches and helps with the Java basics. I have learned so much about exceptions, arrays, matrices, recursions, casting, etc..." - Pranav